Here are some of the organisations and causes I support, or have involvement with.
- Mountain Rescue – I joined my local Mountain Rescue team in 2015. It has been one of the best decisions of my life, even though being a team member is extremely time consuming and completely voluntary. If you’re thinking about joining too, read: Should I Join Mountain Rescue? first.
- Austrian Alpine Club (UK) – Introduced to the club by a friend’s Dad, I joined in early 2015 for the insurance (like most people!). After discovering the wide range of activities the club also offers, I went on my first alpine tour and was the Young Adult Members’ rep to the Alpine Team from 2017-2019. I am still involved with the training sub-committee.
- Mountain Training Association – I am a full member of the MTA and have helped provide a CPD course.
- Outdoor Writers and Photographers Guild – I have been a member since 2022, invited by a friend.
- Dartmoor National Park
- MWIS (Mountain Weather Information Service)
I am not currently involved in any long-term sponsorship deals. Any brands who have kindly sponsored equipment or otherwise are mentioned on individual adventures. I do, on occasion, review outdoor equipment or books and I always give my honest opinion. All reviews are subject to the Alex Test:
“Alex is my friend and we have known each other for most of our lives. We’re pretty damn honest with each other. So when I write reviews I consider: would I say the same thing to Alex? If the answer’s not yes, then I get rewriting.”