So you want to go cycle touring? I don’t blame you. Cycling is a great way to explore a country (or several) and makes a great way to holiday without feeling stuck in one place. But how to do you get started? First up in my cycle touring series for Outdoor Revival is this article covering the basics of what you need to think about bringing and why.
- What kind of bicycle you need
- What kind of clothes you should bring
- Which spares you should bring for your bike
- How to choose navigation tools
- Sleeping Equipment
- Food and water carrying
- How to choose the bags to carry it all in!
For a more in-depth list, check out my Ultimate Cycle Touring Gear List of what Joe and I actually took for 50 days on a tandem bicycle.